Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Leandro Nascimento da Silva; Brito, Wesley de Almeida; Parente, Ana Flávia Alves; Weber, Simone Schneider; Bailão, Alexandre Melo; Casaletti, Luciana; Borges, Clayton Luiz; Soares, Célia Maria de Almeida
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 13-23
- Paracoccidioides; amino acid metabolism; cell wall components; cell walls; energy metabolism; gene expression regulation; hydrogen peroxide; osmotic stress; potassium chloride; protein synthesis; proteins; proteomics; saprophytes; signal transduction; yeasts
- ... The ability to respond to stressful conditions is essential for most living organisms. In pathogenic organisms, this response is required for effective transition from a saprophytic lifestyle to the establishment of pathogenic interactions within a susceptible host. Hyperosmotic stress has been used as a model to study signal transduction and seems to cause many cellular adaptations, including the ...
- Gatter, Michael; Ottlik, Stephanie; Kövesi, Zsolt; Bauer, Benjamin; Matthäus, Falk; Barth, Gerold
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 30-38
- Yarrowia lipolytica; acetate-CoA ligase; acetates; alcohol dehydrogenase; alcohol oxidase; alcoholic fermentation; anaerobic conditions; biochemical pathways; carbon; enzyme activity; ethanol; gene overexpression; genes; glucose; glycerol; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; oxidation; proteins; yeasts
- ... The non-conventional yeast Yarrowia lipolytica is able to utilize a wide range of different substrates like glucose, glycerol, ethanol, acetate, proteins and various hydrophobic molecules. Although most metabolic pathways for the utilization of these substrates have been clarified by now, it was not clear whether ethanol is oxidized by alcohol dehydrogenases or by an alternative oxidation system i ...