Jump to Main Content
- Neranjan Tharuka, M.D.; Bathige, S.D.N.K.; Oh, Minyoung; Lee, Seongdo; Kim, Myoung-Jin; Priyathilaka, Thanthrige Thiunuwan; Lee, Jehee
- Gene 2019 v.685 pp. 1-11
- Hippocampus abdominalis; Streptococcus iniae; adaptive immunity; amino acids; anti-inflammatory activity; blood; cell viability; fish; gene expression; gills; immune response; inducible nitric oxide synthase; interleukin-10; intestines; kidneys; lipopolysaccharides; macrophages; messenger RNA; mice; molecular weight; nitric oxide; phylogeny; signal peptide; tissues; transcription (genetics)
- ... Interleukin-10 (IL-10) is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in the regulation of innate and adaptive immunity. In this study, IL-10 from big-belly seahorse (Hippocampus abdominalis) (HaIL-10) was characterized based on its molecular and functional aspects. The coding sequence of HaIL-10 is 570 bp in length and encodes a 189-amino acid residue protein (calculated molecular weight, 21.89 kDa). The ded ...
- Yu, Er-meng; Ma, Ling-ling; Ji, Hong; Li, Zhi-fei; Wang, Guang-jun; Xie, Jun; Yu, De-guang; Kaneko, Gen; Tian, Jing-jing; Zhang, Kai; Gong, Wang-bao
- Gene 2019 v.685 pp. 32-41
- Ctenopharyngodon idella; RNA interference; collagen; faba beans; fish; gene overexpression; hardness; mammals; messenger RNA; muscles; signal transduction; transforming growth factor beta 1
- ... Smad4 is the key regulator in the transforming growth factor β1 (TGF-β1)/Smads signal pathway, and is also the crux of the regulation of type I collagen expression in mammals. In fish, however, the relationship between Smad4 and type I collagen is still unknown. Given the widely accepted importance of type I collagen in fish muscle hardness, we seek to explore this issue by analyzing the expressio ...