Jump to Main Content
- Sundararajan, Tharani; Manzardo, Ann M.; Butler, Merlin G.
- Gene 2018 v.641 pp. 25-34
- Alzheimer disease; Parkinson disease; alcohol abuse; algorithms; autism; cerebellum; cerebral cortex; genes; genetic databases; hypothalamus; inflammation; medulla oblongata; membrane potential; models; neoplasms; neurodevelopment; phenotype; receptors; risk factors; schizophrenia; sleep deprivation; solutes; synaptic transmission; thalamus; transporters
- ... Schizophrenia (SCZ) is a chronic debilitating neuropsychiatric disorder with multiple risk factors involving numerous complex genetic influences. We examined and updated a master list of clinically relevant and susceptibility genes associated with SCZ reported in the literature and genomic databases dedicated to gene discovery for characterization of SCZ genes. We used the commercially available G ...
- Liu, Ying-Li; Zheng, Jie; Mi, Ying-Jun; Zhao, Jing; Tian, Qing-Bao
- Gene 2018 v.641 pp. 292-296
- enzyme activity; genes; male fertility; models; mutants; plasmids; proteins; site-directed mutagenesis; transcription (genetics)
- ... The association between mutations in the USP26 gene and male infertility has been studied intensively. However, the biological function of the mutant proteins remains to be elucidated. To confirm the effects of the reported mutations, we analyse the enzyme activity of USP26 between the wild-type and the variants from a molecular perspective.Using pGEX-USP26 as a template, site-directed mutagenesis ...