Jump to Main Content
- Thakur, Zoozeal; Saini, Vandana; Arya, Preeti; Kumar, Ajit; Mehta, Promod K.
- Gene 2018 v.641 pp. 161-171
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis; antibiotic resistance; antitoxins; biofilm; genome; molecular models; pathogens; promoter regions; transcription (genetics)
- ... Toxin-antitoxin (TA) systems are two component genetic modules widespread in many bacterial genomes, including Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb). The TA systems play a significant role in biofilm formation, antibiotic tolerance and persistence of pathogen inside the host cells. Deciphering regulatory motifs of Mtb TA systems is the first essential step to understand their transcriptional regulation ...
- Mandal, Kamal; Sarkar, Rajesh K.; Sen Sharma, Souvik; Jain, Ayushi; Majumdar, Subeer S.
- Gene 2018 v.641 pp. 18-24
- Sertoli cells; animal models; binding sites; gene expression regulation; genes; genetically modified organisms; hormones; men; promoter regions; puberty; rats; retinoic acid; seminiferous tubules; spermatogenesis; spermatozoa; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Globally, there is an alarming decline in sperm count. Very often hormonal supplementation fails to restore normal sperm count. Sertoli cells (Sc) present within seminiferous tubules provide appropriate niche and factors required for the differentiation of germ cells (Gc) into mature sperm (spermatogenesis). Functionally compromised Sc may be one of the reasons for failure of hormones to facilitat ...