Jump to Main Content
- Gopisetty, Gopal; Thangarajan, Rajkumar
- Gene 2016 v.589 no.1 pp. 27-35
- adenosine triphosphate; apoptosis; autophagy; databases; etiology; gene expression regulation; genes; human diseases; humans; mitochondria; mitochondrial DNA; primary energy; protein content; protein synthesis; proteins; ribosomes; surveys
- ... Mitochondria are prominently understood as power houses producing ATP the primary energy currency of the cell. However, mitochondria are also known to play an important role in apoptosis and autophagy, and mitochondrial dysregulation can lead to pathological outcomes. Mitochondria are known to contain 1500 proteins of which only 13 are coded by mitochondrial DNA and the rest are coded by nuclear g ...
- Liu, Yanbin; Yang, Haixia; Zuo, Feifei; Chen, Liang
- Gene 2016 v.589 no.1 pp. 63-71
- genes; homeostasis; humans; mitochondria; neoplasm cells; oxygen; peptides; proteasome endopeptidase complex; ribosomes; translation (genetics); ubiquitination
- ... The von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) is the most important and frequently mutated gene in human clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC). In contrast to its long counterpart, the internal translational variant of VHL protein (VHLs) is evolutionarily conserved. Herein we present evidence that VHLs associates with ribosome complex via interaction with the large subunit 6 (RPL6). Manipulation of VHLs expressio ...