Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Songbin, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Gene 2019 v.681 pp. 73-79
- T-lymphocytes; alleles; case-control studies; cytokines; environmental factors; etiology; genetic polymorphism; genotyping; haplotypes; models; patients; protein-tyrosine-phosphatase; psoriasis; signal transduction; China
- ... Psoriasis is a chronic immune-mediated disease with a complex etiology involving various genetic and immunological factors as well as environmental factors. Psoriasis is thought to be mediated by T-cells polarized to a Th17 fate. PTPN2 encodes the T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase, which acts as a negative regulator of the JAK/STAT signaling pathways downstream of cytokines and plays a prominent ...
- Fu, Songbin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Gene 2012 v.495 no.2 pp. 115-119
- disease resistance; genes; genetic variation; loci; nationalities and ethnic groups; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; transcription factors; China; Taiwan
- ... Variants in the gene encoding transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) are associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D) in several ethnic groups. Two intronic variants, rs290487 and rs11196218, were originally identified as T2D modifiers in Hong Kong Chinese and Taiwan Chinese populations, respectively. However, discrepancies were noted in subsequent replicated studies. In this study, an associati ...