Jump to Main Content
- Yan, Xiuqin; Zhang, Xue; Lu, Min; He, Yong; An, Huaming
- Gene 2015 v.561 pp. 54-62
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; ascorbic acid; biosynthesis; databases; enzymes; fruiting; fruits; germplasm; indigenous species; loci; microsatellite repeats; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; screening; selection methods; sequence homology; transcription factors; transcriptome; transcriptomics; unigenes; China; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Rosa roxburghii Tratt. is a well-known ornamental rose species native to China. In addition, the fruits of this species are valued for their nutritional and medicinal characteristics, especially their high ascorbic acid (AsA) levels. Nevertheless, AsA biosynthesis in R. roxburghii fruit has not been explored in detail because of a lack of genomic resources for this species. High-throughput transcr ...
- Huang, Xiaolong; Yan, Huiqing; Zhai, Lisheng; Yi, Yin
- Gene 2019 v.692 pp. 60-67
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; amino acids; cell nucleus; complementary DNA; developmental stages; fruits; gene overexpression; genetic engineering; in situ hybridization; messenger RNA; mutants; open reading frames; petioles; plant spines; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; trichomes; two hybrid system techniques; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... GLABROUS1 is an R2R3 MYB homolog that is essential for the initiation of trichome development. In this study, we used RACE to clone a full-length cDNA from Rosa roxburghii Tratt, termed RrGL1, which was 1013 bp, including an open reading frame of 792 bp that encoded 263 amino acids. In situ hybridization, corresponding with qRT-PCR results, revealed that RrGL1 transcripts were mainly expressed in ...