Jump to Main Content
- Shah, Syed Mohmad; Singla, Suresh Kumar; Palta, Prabhat; Manik, Radhey Sham; Chauhan, Manmohan Singh
- Gene 2017 v.626 pp. 358-366
- acrosin, etc ; Bubalus bubalis; buffaloes; embryonic stem cells; gametogenesis; genes; haploidy; immunocytochemistry; meiosis; methylation; morula; oocytes; retinoic acid; spermatozoa; zona pellucida; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Development of precise and reproducible culture system for in vitro differentiation of embryonic stem (ES) cells into germ cells counts as a major leap forward for understanding not only the remarkable process of gametogenesis, otherwise obscured by limited availability of precursor primordial germ cells (PGCs), but in finally treating the catastrophic infertility. Taking into account the signific ...
- Mao, Hai-Tao; Yang, Wan-Xi
- Gene 2013 v.526 pp. 75-79
- acrosin, etc ; X-radiation; acrosome; exocytosis; fecundity; hydrolysis; mice; zona pellucida; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Mammalian fertilization is a complex process that involves gamete recognition, penetration, and fusion. Biochemical studies that identified the role of acrosome components during sperm–ova interaction especially the zona pellucida (ZP) provided major advances in sperm cell biology. Acrosin (a typical serine protease) functions during fertilization in several significant ways which include: a) acti ...