Jump to Main Content
- Eschholz, Tobias W.; Peter, Roland; Stamp, Peter; Hund, Andreas
- Genetic resources and crop evolution 2008 v.55 no.7 pp. 971-983
- Zea mays subsp. mays, etc ; DNA; agarose; alleles; corn; gels; genetic distance; genetic variation; landraces; loci; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; population structure; Alps region; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... About 65 years ago, more than 150 Swiss maize landraces (Zea mays L. ssp. mays) of the flint type were collected and conserved ex situ. Due to the climatically and culturally diverse environment of the Alps, a considerable genetic diversity of this material was assumed. To prove this, an efficient method was required to carry out genetic profiling of all the accessions in the Swiss Gene Bank. Simp ...
- van Etten, Jacob; Fuentes López, Mario Roberto; Molina Monterroso, Luis Gerardo; Ponciano Samayoa, Karla Melina
- Genetic resources and crop evolution 2008 v.55 no.2 pp. 303-317
- Zea mays subsp. mays, etc ; altitude; corn; cultivars; farmers; genetic distance; genetic variation; germplasm; highlands; microsatellite repeats; quantitative traits; seed exchange; spatial distribution; Guatemala; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This study concerns spatial genetic patterning, seed flow and the impact of modern varieties in maize populations in Chimaltenango, Guatemala. It uses a collection of 79 maize seed samples from farmers in the area and five samples derived from modern varieties. Bulked SSR markers employed with bulked samples (ten plants) were used. Genetic distances between populations based on these SSR data were ...