Jump to Main Content
- Ui-Tei, Kumiko; Maruyama, Shohei; Nakano, Yuko
- Genome 2017 v.60 no.6 pp. 537-545
- DNA; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; RNA; RNA interference; adverse effects; biotechnology; gene editing; transcription (genetics); transcriptional activation
- ... Genomic engineering using clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR) and CRISPR-associated (Cas) protein is a promising approach for targeting the genomic DNA of virtually any organism in a sequence-specific manner. Recent remarkable advances in CRISPR/Cas technology have made it a feasible system for use in therapeutic applications and biotechnology. In the CRISPR/Cas syst ...
- Ekanayake, Piyumi N.; Kaur, Jatinder; Tian, Pei; Rochfort, Simone J.; Guthridge, Kathryn M.; Sawbridge, Timothy I.; Spangenberg, German C.; Forster, John W.
- Genome 2017 v.60 no.6 pp. 496-509
- DNA; Festuca arundinacea; Lolium perenne; alkaloids; biosynthesis; callus culture; endophytes; fungi; genes; genetic background; genetic variation; germplasm conservation; grasses; host specificity; metabolic studies; metabolites; pasture plants; pastures; screening; surveys
- ... Symbiotic associations between tall fescue grasses and asexual Epichloë fungal endophytes exhibit biosynthesis of alkaloid compounds causing both beneficial and detrimental effects. Candidate novel endophytes with favourable chemotypic profiles have been identified in germplasm collections by screening for genetic diversity, followed by metabolite profile analysis in endogenous genetic backgrounds ...