Jump to Main Content
- Lee, David; Ialicicco, Manuela; Akkinepalli, Harika; Morreale, Giacomo; Liu, Yan; Leung, Hei; Scippa, Gabriella S.; Greenland, Andy; Mackay, Ian
- Genome 2012 v.55 no.9 pp. 691-695
- DNA; alleles; genotyping; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; rice
- ... Loop-mediated isothermal DNA amplification (LAMP) is an alternative method for the amplification of DNA sequences. It has been applied primarily for the detection of specific targets. We demonstrate the novel use of LAMP to amplify SSR alleles in a set of rice varieties and show the results to be consistent with analysis performed by PCR. Furthermore, we test the sensitivity of the assay and show ...
- Patzak, Josef; Paprštein, František; Henychová, Alena; Sedlák, Jiří
- Genome 2012 v.55 no.9 pp. 647-665
- Bayesian theory; Malus domestica; alleles; apples; breeding; cluster analysis; cultivars; genetic variation; germplasm; landraces; loci; microsatellite repeats; provenance
- ... The aim of this study was to compare traditional hierarchical clustering techniques and principal coordinate analysis (PCoA) with the model-based Bayesian cluster analyses in relation to subpopulation differentiation based on breeding history and geographical origin of apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.) cultivars and landraces. We presented the use of a set of 10 microsatellite (SSR) loci for geneti ...