Jump to Main Content
- Qi, L.; Friebe, B.; Gill, B.S.
- Genome 2005 v.48 no.4 pp. 591-597
- chromosome translocation, etc ; chromosome elimination; wheat; Triticum aestivum; physical chromosome mapping; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) deletion (del) stocks are valuable tools for the physical mapping of molecular markers and genes to chromosome bins delineated by 2 adjacent deletion breakpoints. The wheat deletion stocks were produced by using gametocidal genes derived from related Aegilops species. Here, we report on the origin, structure, and behavior of a highly rearranged chromosome 1BS-4. The cy ...
- Tanguy, A.M.; Coriton, O.; Abelard, P.; Dedryver, F.; Jahier, J.
- Genome 2005 v.48 no.3 pp. 541-546
- chromosome translocation, etc ; in situ hybridization; genome; wheat; chromosome pairing; chromosome addition; Triticum aestivum; chromatin; meiosis; isozymes; Aegilops ventricosa; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... An Aegilops ventricosa Tausch (2n = 28, D(v)D(v)N(v)N(v)) subtelocentric chromosome added to wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in a disomic addition line was found to carry the genes for resistance Yr17, Lr37, Sr38, and Cre5 already transferred onto chromosome 2AS of the wheat line VPM1. Previous works demonstrated that this Ae. ventricosa chromosome is translocated with respect to the standard wheat g ...