Jump to Main Content
- Kunzel, G.; Gecheff, K.I.; Schubert, I.
- Genome 2001 v.44 no.1 pp. 128-132
- mitosis; Hordeum vulgare; chromatin; chromosome translocation; density
- ... Translocation breakpoints (TBs) induced by ionizing radiation are nonrandomly distributed along barley chromosomes. When first post-treatment mitoses were evaluated, centromeres and the heterochromatin-containing proximal segments tended to be more than randomly involved, and terminal segments to be less than randomly involved in translocations. Contrary to this, small chromosomal regions in media ...
- Koebner, R.; Hadfield, J.
- Genome 2001 v.44 no.1 pp. 45-49
- loci; genetic resistance; mutagenesis; polyploidy; Triticum aestivum; mutants; disease resistance; artificial selection
- ... A novel approach has been developed to allow for the efficient selection of loss-of-function wheat mutants in the M1 generation, following either physical or chemical mutagenesis. This has generated an order of magnitude increase in the efficiency of identification of mutants, and also greatly increases the likelihood that selected individuals reflect mutation events at the target locus, rather th ...