Jump to Main Content
- Sukowati, S.; Baimai, V.
- Genome 1996 v.39 no.1 pp. 165-173
- karyotyping; X chromosome; autosomes; chromosome banding; centromeres; geographical variation; chromosome mapping; heterochromatin; polytene chromosomes; Indonesia; Thailand
- ... A standard photographic map of polytene chromosomes of Anopheles sundaicus was constructed from ovarian nurse cells and is described herein. Polytene chromosomes of wild specimens collected from 9 different geographical areas in Thailand and Indonesia have been analyzed. Specimens from these populations appear to share banding patterns with standard gene arrangements, except for some specimens fro ...
- Cai, X.W.; Jones, S.S.; Murray, T.D.
- Genome 1996 v.39 no.1 pp. 56-62
- Thinopyrum elongatum; Triticum aestivum; intergeneric hybridization; Hymenula cerealis; disease resistance; chromosomes; substitution lines; chromosome substitution; chromosome banding; meiosis; fungal diseases of plants; nucleic acid hybridization
- ... Related wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) breeding lines, PI 561033, REA 9232, REA 9257, and CI 13113 were analyzed cytogenetically to characterize the association of resistance to cephalosporium stripe (caused by Cephalosporium gramineum Nis. & Ika.) with Agropyron elongatum chromatin. One pair of A. elongatum chromosomes was detected in PI 561033, REA 9232, and CI 13113 by genomic in situ hybridizati ...