Jump to Main Content
- Yu, G.X.; Bush, A.L.; Wise, R.P.
- Genome 1996 v.39 no.1 pp. 155-164
- Blumeria graminis f. sp. hordei; genes; genetic markers; Southern blotting; hybrids; Puccinia coronata; Hordeum vulgare; linkage groups; DNA probes; disease resistance; Avena nuda; interspecific hybridization; restriction fragment length polymorphism; Zea mays; prolamins; chromosome mapping; rust diseases; loci; Avena wiestii; Avena sativa
- ... The colinearity of markers linked with resistance loci on linkage group A of diploid oat, on the homoeologous groups in hexaploid oat, on barley chromosome 1H, and on homoeologous maize chromosomes was determined. Thirty-two DNA probes from homoeologous group 1 chromosomes of the Gramineae were tested. Most of the heterologous probes detected polymorphisms that mapped to linkage group A of diploid ...
- Kutcher, H.R.; Bailey, K.L.; Rossnagel, B.G.; Legge, W.G.
- Genome 1996 v.39 no.1 pp. 206-215
- random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; Hordeum vulgare; linkage groups; fungal diseases of plants; crossing; genes; disease resistance; root rot; genetic markers; Bipolaris sorokiniana
- ... The identification of RAPD markers associated with genes for resistance to Cochliobolus sativus in barley would increase the efficiency of gene manipulation by reducing the number of lines that must be evaluated from a resistant by susceptible cross and by allowing selection during the off season. Two barley crosses consisting of resistant and susceptible parent genotypes ('Virden' X 'Ellice' and ...