Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Q.; Armstrong, K.
- Genome 1995 v.38 no.4 pp. 706-714
- Avena sativa; chromosomes; DNA libraries; restriction fragment length polymorphism; clones; chromosome mapping; Southern blotting; DNA probes; polymerase chain reaction; repetitive sequences
- ... A plasmid library of oat chromosome No21, the smallest chromosome of the complement, was constructed by microdissection and microcloning. The chromosome was deproteinized with proteinase K and digested with Sau3A and linker adaptors were ligated to the DNA fragments. From the single chromosome (less than 0.4 pg), 10 microgram of DNA was obtained after 2 rounds of PCR amplification. Cloning experim ...
- Leggett, J.M.; Markhand, G.S.
- Genome 1995 v.38 no.4 pp. 747-751
- DNA probes; Avena eriantha; Avena sativa; monosomics; genomics; chromosome translocation; nucleic acid hybridization
- ... Genomic in situ hybridization using total genomic DNA extracted from the C genome diploid species Avena eriantha (2n = 2x = 14, genome CpCp) was used to identify monosomics (2n = 6x- -1 = 41) of the constituent genomes of the hexaploid cultivated oat A. sativa L. cv. Sun II (2n = 6x = 42, genomes AACCDD). The results demonstrate 3 AD/C and 6 C/AD chromosome translocations, indicate that five of th ...