Jump to Main Content
- Martinez, M.; Cuadrado, C.; Romero, C.
- Genome 1995 v.38 no.4 pp. 764-771
- synaptonemal complex; chromosomes; asynapsis; chromosome pairing; Secale cereale; inbreeding; inbred lines
- ... The meiotic behaviour at metaphase I of two inbred lines of Secale cereale showed a decrease in the frequency of bound arms and the presence of univalents. The study of synaptonemal complex formation revealed that these inbred lines had asynapsis and many nuclei did not complete the pairing process. Synaptic abnormalities such as fold-back loops, short pairing partner switches, interstitial nonhom ...
- Martinez, M.; Romero, C.; Cuadrado, C.
- Genome 1995 v.38 no.4 pp. 772-779
- synaptonemal complex; chromosomes; asynapsis; chromosome pairing; chromosome morphology; Secale
- ... Secale vavilovii PMCs have more univalents and a lower frequency of bound arms at metaphase I than other diploid Secale species. The spreading technique applied at prophase I showed that the nuclei were able to complete synapsis at pachytene. However, 25% of the nuclei analyzed, which had more than 90% of their total length paired, showed two abnormalities: long fold-back loops, which were located ...