Jump to Main Content
- D'Hont, A.; Lu, Y.H.; Gonzales de Leon, D.; Grivet, L.; Feldmann, P.; Lanaud, C.; Glaszmann, J.C.
- Genome 1994 v.37 no.2 pp. 222-230
- restriction fragment length polymorphism; Saccharum officinarum; linkage groups; polyploidy; chromosome mapping; sugarcane; genomics; Saccharum spontaneum; genetic markers
- ... Modern sugarcane varieties are complex aneuploids and typically have chromosome numbers in the 100-125 range with about 5-10% of them contributed by wild relatives, mainly Saccharum spontaneum, and the rest by S. officinarum. This particular genomic constitution was found favorable for mapping the S. spontaneum genome, using maize as a diploid reference for comparison. We conducted an analysis of ...
- Ishii, T.; Brar, D.S.; Multani, D.S.; Khush, G.S.
- Genome 1994 v.37 no.2 pp. 217-221
- restriction fragment length polymorphism; plant breeding; wild plants; genetic resistance; Nilaparvata lugens; Oryza sativa; linkage groups; chromosome mapping; genes; interspecific hybridization; pest resistance; genetic markers; introgression
- ... Restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis was carried out to tag the alien genes for brown planthopper (BPH) resistance and earliness introgressed from wild species Oryza australiensis into cultivated rice, O. sativa L. One introgression line (IR65482-4-136-2-2), resistant to biotypes 1, 2, and 3 of BPH and early in flowering, was selected from BC2F4 of the cross between O. sativa (IR31917 ...