Jump to Main Content
- Pan, Wei; Lin, Jizhen; Le, Chap T
- Genome biology 2002 v.3 no.5 pp. 441
- data collection; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; microarray technology; probability; rats; statistical analysis
- ... BACKGROUND: It has been recognized that replicates of arrays (or spots) may be necessary for reliably detecting differentially expressed genes in microarray experiments. However, the often-asked question of how many replicates are required has barely been addressed in the literature. In general, the answer depends on several factors: a given magnitude of expression change, a desired statistical po ...
- Zou, Jun; Young, Simon; Zhu, Feng; Gheyas, Ferdous; Skeans, Susan; Wan, Yuntao; Wang, Luquan; Ding, Wei; Billah, Motasim; McClanahan, Terri; Coffman, Robert L; Egan, Robert; Umland, Shelby
- Genome biology 2002 v.3 no.5 pp. 439
- Ascaris suum; allergens; antioxidant activity; asthma; breathing; bronchoconstriction; chemokines; cluster analysis; complementary DNA; disease models; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hypersensitivity; interleukin-4; lungs; microarray technology; monkeys; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... BACKGROUND: Inhalation of Ascaris suum antigen by allergic monkeys causes an immediate bronchoconstriction and delayed allergic reaction, including a pulmonary inflammatory infiltrate. To identify genes involved in this process, the gene-expression pattern of allergic monkey lungs was profiled by microarrays. Monkeys were challenged by inhalation of A. suum antigen or given interleukin-4 (IL-4) tr ...