Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Qian; Hong, Hanlie; Algeo, Thomas J.; Huang, Xianyu; Sun, Angela; Churchman, G. Jock; Chorover, Jon; Chen, Shuling; Liu, Yao
- Geoderma 2019 v.344 pp. 82-98
- X-ray diffraction; altitude; clay; drainage; dust; illite; iron; manganese; pH; particle size distribution; rare earth elements; reflectance; rivers; smectite; soil formation; soil organic carbon; soil water; spectroscopy; temperature; topographic slope; vermiculite; weathering; China
- ... Local topography and elevation gradients can exert important influences on soil formation processes such as elemental migration, mineral weathering, and soil organic matter (SOM) accumulation, yet these influences remain insufficiently investigated to date, particularly in surface soils of subtropical monsoonal regions. Here, we report on an investigation of a series of surface soils collected fro ...
- Yuan, Zi-Qiang; Fang, Chao; Zhang, Rong; Li, Feng-Min; Javaid, Muhammad Mansoor; Janssens, Ivan A.
- Geoderma 2019 v.344 pp. 137-143
- Medicago sativa; aboveground biomass; alfalfa; altitude; edaphic factors; land restoration; nitrogen; phosphorus; regression analysis; semiarid zones; soil erosion; soil organic carbon; soil water; soil water content; total nitrogen; vegetation; China
- ... Lucerne (Medicago sativa L.) is widely planted on the semi-arid Loess Plateau in China to control soil erosion, yet the extent to which topography affects the productivity of lucerne still remains poorly understood. This study aimed to evaluate how topographic position influences soil properties and aboveground biomass in lucerne-rich vegetation. A total of 112 quadrats were established in 28 fiel ...