Jump to Main Content
- Lu, Xinghang; Li, Ruiping; Shi, Haibin; Liang, Jiancai; Miao, Qingfeng; Fan, Leilei
- Geoderma 2019 v.344 pp. 99-107
- autumn; freeze-thaw cycles; irrigation; mulching; simulation models; soil depth; soil salinity; soil temperature; soil water content; straw mulches; water conservation; China
- ... In this study, the variation of the soil water-heat-salt transport for one whole year of agriculture under different mulching treatments and autumn irrigation in the Hetao Irrigation District of Inner Mongolia has been investigated and the best mulching treatment with the optimal mulching amount for this district have been determined. Based on field tests conducted between October 2013 and October ...
- Yuan, Zi-Qiang; Fang, Chao; Zhang, Rong; Li, Feng-Min; Javaid, Muhammad Mansoor; Janssens, Ivan A.
- Geoderma 2019 v.344 pp. 137-143
- Medicago sativa; aboveground biomass; alfalfa; altitude; edaphic factors; land restoration; nitrogen; phosphorus; regression analysis; semiarid zones; soil erosion; soil organic carbon; soil water; soil water content; total nitrogen; vegetation; China
- ... Lucerne (Medicago sativa L.) is widely planted on the semi-arid Loess Plateau in China to control soil erosion, yet the extent to which topography affects the productivity of lucerne still remains poorly understood. This study aimed to evaluate how topographic position influences soil properties and aboveground biomass in lucerne-rich vegetation. A total of 112 quadrats were established in 28 fiel ...