Jump to Main Content
- Hamilton, G.J.; Bakker, D.; Akbar, G.; Hassan, I.; Hussain, Z.; McHugh, A.; Raine, S.
- Geoderma 2019 v.345 pp. 72-92
- aeration; bulk density; clay; clay soils; controlled traffic systems; crops; drainage; drying; engineering; farmers; flooded conditions; grain yield; growing season; gypsum; hydraulic conductivity; irrigated farming; irrigation; models; nitrogen; no-tillage; plant establishment; porosity; raised beds; rhizosphere; ripping; root growth; roots; sandy clay loam soils; sandy loam soils; soil organic carbon; soil quality; soil water potential; tilth; total nitrogen; water table; winter; Pakistan; Queensland; Western Australia
- ... All cultivated soils are prone to rapid reconsolidation when wet, particularly structurally unstable soils. This predisposes them to waterlogging, slow and limited infiltration, rapid drying, and poor establishment, growth and production of crops. Field-scale research was undertaken to develop soil management and/or engineering practices that will maintain a stable, loose tilth with aeration, drai ...
- Bilgili, Ali Volkan; Aydemir, Salih; Altun, Osman; Sayğan, Ebru Pınar; Yalçın, Hamza; Schindelbeck, Robert
- Geoderma 2019 v.345 pp. 123-133
- aggregate stability; biochar; bulk density; corn cobs; cotton; crops; experimental design; field capacity; hydraulic conductivity; irrigation management; pistachios; porosity; soil amendments; soil organic carbon; soil quality; soil sampling; straw; total nitrogen; water content
- ... Recently biochar has attracted attention as a soil amendment and soil organic carbon source which can be used to modify soil quality. Although the effects of biochar on individual soil quality parameters are well established, the impacts on soil quality indexes are rather limited or less known. Soil samples were collected from a two year controlled experiment treated with various levels of biochar ...