Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yunqiang, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.341 pp. 181-194
- Robinia pseudoacacia; best management practices; humans; issues and policy; models; ravines; roots; soil depth; soil profiles; soil water; soil water content; space and time; vegetation; watersheds; China
- ... Soil moisture content (SMC) is highly variable in space and time due to the combined effects of natural processes and human influences. This study was conducted to explore the temporal-spatial patterns of deep SMC and detect possible abrupt changes in SMC in deep soil layers across an intensively managed watershed. We monitored SMC to a depth of 500 cm from 2016 to 2017 at the Gutun watershed (N = ...
- Wang, Yunqiang, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.339 pp. 115-125
- agricultural land; dams (hydrology); drainage; drainage channels; evaporation rate; groundwater; irrigation; land degradation; landforms; loess; soil salinity; soil salinization; soil sampling; soil texture; stream channels; topographic slope; water table; wells; China
- ... A megaproject, “Gully Land Consolidation” (GLC), was launched on the Chinese Loess Plateau in 2011 to combat land degradation and create new farmlands. However, the newly-claimed farmlands have suffered soil salinization, and the mechanism of salinization has been inadequately addressed. In this study, a creek valley that completed the GLC project in 2014 was selected and a total of 17 new farmlan ...