Jump to Main Content
- Poeplau, Christopher; Kätterer, Thomas; Bolinder, Martin A.; Börjesson, Gunnar; Berti, Antonio; Lugato, Emanuele
- Geoderma 2015 v.237-238 pp. 246-255
- sandy soils; clay fraction; long term experiments; soil organic carbon; uncertainty; nitrogen; fertilizer rates; bioenergy; models; clay; microorganisms; straw; soil texture; humification
- ... Soil organic carbon (SOC) storage can be increased by incorporating crop residues such as straw. However, the use of straw as a bioenergy source is an alternative option. There is currently great uncertainty concerning the effects of residue incorporation/removal, but estimates can be improved by using well-documented, frequently sampled long-term experiments (LTEs). This study examined the effect ...
- Verloop, J.; Hilhorst, G.J.; Pronk, A.A.; Šebek, L.B.; van Keulen, H.; Janssen, B.H.; Van Ittersum, M.K.
- Geoderma 2015 v.237-238 pp. 159-167
- demonstration farms; agricultural soils; farm management; nutrients; land use; grasslands; bioenergy; Spodosols; dairy farming; catch crops; nutrient management; decline; soil organic matter; models; corn; crop rotation; tillage; long term effects; milk production; anaerobic digestion; Netherlands
- ... In many studies, possibilities are being explored to adjust farm management to increase or maintain soil organic matter (SOM) contents in agricultural soils. Some options may be conflicting with efficient nutrient (N and P) management, i.e. management aiming at maximum conversion of imported nutrients into exported products (milk and meat in the case of dairy farms). This study explored long term ...