Jump to Main Content
- Araújo, Suzana Romeiro; Söderström, Mats; Eriksson, Jan; Isendahl, Christian; Stenborg, Per; Demattê, JoséA.M.
- Geoderma 2015 v.237-238 pp. 308-317
- plateaus; anthropogenic soil types; soil organic carbon; cation exchange capacity; soil map; calcium; exchangeable calcium; models; least squares; reflectance spectroscopy; soil analysis; pH; nutrients; prediction; phosphorus; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... In the Brazilian Amazon patches of anthropogenic soils known as Amazonian Dark Earths (ADEs) occur. These soils are rich in carbon (C) and plant nutrients compared to the naturally occurring strongly weathered soils. In this paper we explore the potential of visible to near infrared (vis–NIR) and mid infrared (MIR) spectroscopy as an alternative to traditional soil analysis of ADE properties for p ...
- dos Santos, Vanessa Cristina Gonçalves; Grassi, Marco Tadeu; Abate, Gilberto
- Geoderma 2015 v.237-238 pp. 129-136
- calcium; cations; ionic strength; mercury; models; montmorillonite; pH; potassium; sodium; sorption; sorption isotherms; toxicity
- ... This paper describes a treatment of the mineral montmorillonite (MMT) with sodium (MMT-Na), potassium (MMT-K) and calcium (MMT-Ca), aiming the removal of the highly toxic Hg(II) from aqueous medium. An apparent equilibrium near 10h of contact time was verified, being this time adopted for the sorption studies. The data obtained by this study evidenced that a pseudo-second order was appropriate to ...