Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.337 pp. 413-424
- X-ray diffraction; cluster analysis; computational methodology; data collection; human resources; minerals; protocols; quantitative analysis; rapid methods; soil mineralogy; soil properties
- ... X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) is widely applied for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of soil mineralogy. In recent years, high-throughput XRPD has resulted in soil XRPD datasets containing thousands of samples. The efforts required for conventional approaches of soil XRPD data analysis are currently restrictive for such large data sets, resulting in a need for computational methods that ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geoderma 2006 v.132 no.3-4 pp. 273
- soil; spectral analysis; near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy; calibration; geographical variation; clay minerals; soil organic carbon; iron; cation exchange capacity; soil fertility; soil properties; regression analysis
- ... There has been growing interest in the use of diffuse infrared reflectance as a quick, inexpensive tool for soil characterization. In studies reported to date, calibration and validation samples have been collected at either a local or regional scale. For this study, we selected 3768 samples from all 50 U.S. states and two tropical territories and an additional 416 samples from 36 different countr ...