Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.337 pp. 413-424
- X-ray diffraction; cluster analysis; computational methodology; data collection; human resources; minerals; protocols; quantitative analysis; rapid methods; soil mineralogy; soil properties
- ... X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) is widely applied for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of soil mineralogy. In recent years, high-throughput XRPD has resulted in soil XRPD datasets containing thousands of samples. The efforts required for conventional approaches of soil XRPD data analysis are currently restrictive for such large data sets, resulting in a need for computational methods that ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Geoderma 2011 v.161 no.3-4 pp. 182-193
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; carbon; carbon sequestration; galactose; isotopes; models; organic matter; polysaccharides; soil aggregates; soil sampling; soil stabilization; tillage; trees; xylose; Kenya
- ... We studied the biochemical and biophysical processes of carbon sequestration in an intensive agroforestry system on two soils (Feralsol â Luero; Arenosol â Teso) in W. Kenya to elucidate the mechanisms associated with long-term carbon storage. Specifically, we looked at a top-down model (macro-aggregates form around organic matter particles and micro-aggregates form within the macro-aggregates ...