Jump to Main Content
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geoderma 2017
- DDT (pesticide); aerobic conditions; aluminum; anaerobic conditions; antimony; arsenic; cobalt; copper; dissolved organic carbon; drinking water; endosulfan; farming systems; iron; lead; manganese; monsoon season; nickel; oxidation; paddies; paddy soils; rice; wells; zinc; Vietnam
- ... Insecticide and element release from submerged soils in paddy rice farming systems causes potential hazard to local drinking water wells during the annual monsoon flood season. Intact soil columns collected from paddy fields in the Hue province in Vietnam was submerged with 100mm artificial floodwater. Experiments were performed under aerobic and anaerobic conditions with and without addition of d ...
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.343 pp. 235-246
- EDTA (chelating agent); aluminum oxide; arsenic; cadmium; cations; chromium; cobalt; composting; copper; dissolved organic matter; ecological footprint; economic analysis; environmental factors; food waste; fulvic acids; guidelines; heavy metals; human health; lead; ligands; microbial activity; moieties; nickel; pH; phytoaccumulation; pollutants; polluted soils; salicylic acids; soil pollution; soil remediation; soil structure; soil washing; solubility; sorbents; vanadium; zinc
- ... Pollution of soils with As, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Ni, Pb and Zn, collectively termed heavy metals (HMs), can threaten human health and ecosystem functioning. Therefore, polluted soils must be remediated. Soil washing of strongly polluted soils and phytoextraction on moderately polluted sites seem currently the most attractive remediation methods. Both methods depend on HM solubility (extractability), wh ...