Jump to Main Content
- Martinez, Cristina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.343 pp. 60-71
- cesium; landscapes; radionuclides; rain; soil; soil erosion; soil movement; soil organic carbon; storms; watersheds
- ... Soil organic carbon (SOC) is a major soil component. However, there is still much to learn regarding its spatial and temporal distribution as well as how SOC moves through the landscape. Of particular interest is how SOC movement is related to soil erosion and deposition. Here we examine the spatial distribution of SOC over two large (562 and 606 km2) catchments in relation to soil erosion and dep ...
- Martinez, Cristina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Geoderma 2016 v.263 pp. 140-150
- alpine grasslands; apples; biometry; carbon; carbon cycle; ecosystems; eddy covariance; equations; fine roots; forests; fruits; orchards; phosphorus; primary productivity; rhizodeposition; root growth; soil; stable isotopes; vineyards; Italy
- ... Belowground carbon inputs, in particular rhizodeposition, are a key component of the global carbon cycle and yet their accurate quantification remains a major challenge. In the present paper, the in-growth soil cores-¹³C method was used to quantify net root carbon input (root-derived C). Four different ecosystem types (forest, alpine grassland, apple orchard and vineyard) in northern Italy, charac ...