Jump to Main Content
- Tesfahunegn, Gebreyesus Brhane
- Geoderma regional 2019 v.16 pp. e00208
- Cambisols, etc ; Eragrostis tef; Vertisols; climate; decision making; ecological zones; equations; fertilizers; field experimentation; georeferencing; grain yield; linear models; soil properties; Ethiopia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Optimum fertilizer-use decision requires supporting tool such as crop-nutrient response functions. The objectives of this research in Ethiopia were to develop tef nutrient response functions for selected AEZ, assess variability in nutrient response functions among the AEZ, and predict and evaluate the goodness-of-fit between observed and calculated tef grain yield for N and P nutrient rates. Geo-r ...
- Ngunjiri, Mercy W.; Libohova, Zamir; Minai, Joshua O.; Serrem, Cornelius; Owens, Phillip R.; Schulze, Darrell G.
- Geoderma regional 2019 v.16 pp. e00210
- Cambisols, etc ; Acrisols; Ferralsols; Gleysols; Luvisols; Nitisols; Regosols; World Reference Base for Soil Resources; cluster analysis; digital elevation models; drainage; expert opinion; fuzzy logic; land use planning; prediction; radar; soil depth; soil properties; soil surveys; soil water; topography; Kenya; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Digital soil mapping (DSM) approaches can be used to create new soil maps or enhance existing maps, particularly in areas where only general soil maps are available. In this study, we utilized a knowledge-based inference soil mapping approach to develop a first-generation digital soil map for part of the Uasin Gishu Plateau in western Kenya. We calculated the following environmental covariates fro ...