Jump to Main Content
- Jain, Surabhi; Arnepalli, D. N.
- Geomicrobiology journal 2019 v.36 no.5 pp. 443-451
- Sporosarcina pasteurii; anaerobic conditions; calcium carbonate; developmental stages; enzymes; microbial growth; oxygen; pH; proteins; soil
- ... Microbially induced calcium carbonate precipitation (MICP) at laboratory scale for modifying the geotechnical properties of soils has been extensively investigated. The successful implementation of MICP in the field encounters many biotic and abiotic challenges. The study aimed to comprehend the role of oxygen availability on the efficacy of MICP catalyzed by S. pasteurii microbe. For this purpose ...
- Hu, Min; Chen, Pengcheng; Sun, Weimin; Li, Fangbai; Cui, Jianghu
- Geomicrobiology journal 2019 v.36 no.5 pp. 433-442
- Cupriavidus metallidurans; X-ray diffraction; acetates; anaerobic conditions; bacteria; biomineralization; carbon; electron transfer; ferrous chloride; genes; genomics; iron; lepidocrocite; oxidation; paddy soils; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; sodium nitrate
- ... In this study, a neutrophilic, heterotrophic bacterium (strain Paddy-2) that is capable of ferrous iron [Fe(II)] oxidation coupled with nitrate (NO₃⁻) reduction (NRFO) under anoxic conditions was isolated from paddy soil. The molecular identification by 16S rRNA gene sequencing identified the strain as Cupriavidus metallidurans. Strain Paddy-2 reduced 97.7% of NO₃⁻and oxidized 89.7% of Fe(II) over ...