Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Mingyu; Ohnuki, Toshihiko; Utsunomiya, Satoshi
- Geomicrobiology journal 2018 v.35 no.5 pp. 375-384
- Bacillus subtilis; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Pseudomonas fluorescens; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; adsorption; biomineralization; exposure duration; heavy metals; pH; phosphates; samarium; yeasts
- ... Microorganisms play an important role in the mineralization of heavy metals in different environments. Previous studies have reported the phosphate mineralization of light (Ce) and heavy (Yb) rare earth elements with yeast. However, little is known about differences in the biomineralization process of middle rare earth elements (including Sm, Eu, Gd, Tb and Dy) by yeast and bacteria. We carried ou ...
- Perito, Brunella; Casillas, Lilliam; Marvasi, Massimiliano
- Geomicrobiology journal 2018 v.35 no.5 pp. 385-391
- Bacillus subtilis; agar; biofilm; calcite; crystals; inoculum; mutants; sand; soil
- ... B4 is the most common medium used in general organomineralization studies and has been used to assay or to characterize mineral precipitation potential. In an exercise for the optimization of the laboratory conditions of crystal precipitation in vitro, we used Bacillus subtilis 168 as a type strain and its isogenic mutants. While literature is mainly focused on observing generic precipitation, we ...