Jump to Main Content
- Gherbawy, Youssuf; El-Deeb, Bahig; Hazzani, Amal Al; Maher, Amena; Shehata, Afaf
- Geomicrobiology journal 2016 v.33 no.7 pp. 618-624
- Aspergillus; Fusarium; Penicillium; Stachybotrys; benzene; biphenyl; carbon; catalysts; corrosion; desulfurization; fungi; gasoline; internal transcribed spacers; mycobiota; oil refining; oils; oxidation; petroleum; poisoning; polluted soils; pollution; soil sampling; sulfur; Saudi Arabia
- ... High sulfur content of crude oil leads to poor quality of oil products and many other negative consequences such as corrosion, catalyst poisoning and environmental pollution. Saudi Arabia is seeking to reduce sulfur content in diesel and gasoline to 10 ppm and to lower benzene content in gasoline to 1%. Biotechnological processes such as biodesulfurization can be considered an alternative or compl ...
- Grishkan, Isabella; Kidron, Giora J.
- Geomicrobiology journal 2016 v.33 no.7 pp. 564-577
- aeration; color; conidia; fungi; organic matter; playas; salinity; solar radiation; topsoil; Israel; Mediterranean region
- ... We examined the depth-wise distribution of microfungi through 0–50-cm crusted sandy and playa profiles at the Nizzana research site, the Negev desert, Israel. A total of 188 species from 77 genera was isolated using the soil dilution plate method. Density of microfungal isolates sharply decreased with depth highly positively correlating with organic matter content at the sandy profiles. High load ...