Jump to Main Content
- Pavlova, Olga N.; Zemskaya, Tamara I.; Lomakina, Anna V.; Shubenkova, Olga V.; Manakov, Andrey Y.; Moskvin, Valery I.; Morozov, Igor V.; Bukin, Sergey V.; Khlystov, Oleg M.
- Geomicrobiology journal 2016 v.33 no.7 pp. 599-606
- Synedra; algae; basins; biomarkers; biosphere; clones; conifers; enrichment culture; lakes; methane; microbial communities; organic matter; paleoclimatology; petroleum; phylogeny; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediments; thermophilic microorganisms; Lake Baikal
- ... Early diagenesis of organic matter in bottom sediments of Lake Baikal is a focus of many geochemical studies, because it is one of the few sites of petroleum formation in a nonmarine environment. Although Baikal is a rift lake and considered one of the prospective fields for deep biosphere investigations, the transformation processes of organic matter by microbial communities from deep bottom sedi ...
- Grishkan, Isabella; Kidron, Giora J.
- Geomicrobiology journal 2016 v.33 no.7 pp. 564-577
- aeration; color; conidia; fungi; organic matter; playas; salinity; solar radiation; topsoil; Israel; Mediterranean region
- ... We examined the depth-wise distribution of microfungi through 0–50-cm crusted sandy and playa profiles at the Nizzana research site, the Negev desert, Israel. A total of 188 species from 77 genera was isolated using the soil dilution plate method. Density of microfungal isolates sharply decreased with depth highly positively correlating with organic matter content at the sandy profiles. High load ...