Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiaowei; Liu, Kun; Li, Ping; Jiao, Jimmy J. J.; Dvornyk, Volodymyr; Gu, Ji-Dong
- Geomicrobiology journal 2019 v.36 no.6 pp. 522-532
- Proteobacteria; ammonium; bacteria; ecosystems; environmental factors; freshwater lakes; genes; methane; nitrogen; nucleotide sequences; oxidation; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; salinity; sediments; China; Gobi Desert
- ... Nitrite-dependent anaerobic methane oxidation (n-damo) process, mediated by Candidatus Methylomirabilis oxyfera of the candidate phylum NC10, was discovered recently which plays an important role in coupling the global nitrogen and carbon cycles. However, the distribution and diversity of this new anaerobic methane-oxidizing microorganism have not been investigated in desert lakes yet. The present ...
- LaRowe, Douglas E.; Amend, Jan P.
- Geomicrobiology journal 2019 v.36 no.6 pp. 492-505
- amino acids; cyclohexanes; dimethylamine; energy; environmental factors; estuaries; fermentation; habitats; methanogens; methylamine; monosaccharides; nucleobases; organic carbon; palmitates; resorcinol; rocks; sediments; soil; temperature; thermodynamics; trimethylamine
- ... Fermentation plays a fundamental role in organic carbon degradation on a global scale. However, little is known about how environmental variables influence this process. In a step towards quantifying how temperature and composition influence fermentation, we have calculated the Gibbs energies of 47 fermentation reaction, ΔGᵣ, from 0–150 °C for a broad range of compositions representing microbial h ...