Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiaowei; Liu, Kun; Li, Ping; Jiao, Jimmy J. J.; Dvornyk, Volodymyr; Gu, Ji-Dong
- Geomicrobiology journal 2019 v.36 no.6 pp. 522-532
- Proteobacteria; ammonium; bacteria; ecosystems; environmental factors; freshwater lakes; genes; methane; nitrogen; nucleotide sequences; oxidation; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; salinity; sediments; China; Gobi Desert
- ... Nitrite-dependent anaerobic methane oxidation (n-damo) process, mediated by Candidatus Methylomirabilis oxyfera of the candidate phylum NC10, was discovered recently which plays an important role in coupling the global nitrogen and carbon cycles. However, the distribution and diversity of this new anaerobic methane-oxidizing microorganism have not been investigated in desert lakes yet. The present ...
- Belle, Simon; Parent, Claire
- Geomicrobiology journal 2019 v.36 no.6 pp. 570-579
- DNA; air temperature; climate change; community structure; lakes; meteorological data; methane; methanotrophs; microbial communities; nitrogen; nutrients; organic matter; oxidation; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; sediments; temporal variation
- ... In this study, a quantitative PCR (qPCR) method was applied to amplify ancient DNA (aDNA) of different methane-oxidizing bacteria (MOB) types in lake sediments and to reconstruct microbial community dynamics over the last 1200 years. We also used reconstructions of in-lake nutrients concentrations, air temperature fluctuations, and sedimentary organic matter dynamics to study impacts of past envir ...