Jump to Main Content
- Hickin, Adrian S.; Best, Melvyn E.; Levson, Victor M.
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 14-27
- anisotropy; clay; fabrics; glaciers; groundwater; ice; sediments; British Columbia
- ... Applications of the azimuthal electromagnetic (EM) method that establish the internal structure of landforms consisting of sediment are sparse. In the Kiskatinaw streamlined landform field of northeastern British Columbia, ice-flow parallel till ridges formed beneath the Cordilleran Ice Sheet during the late Wisconsinan. EM anisotropy data from the Kiskatinaw field are systematically related to ri ...
- Zhou, Chaofan; Gong, Huili; Chen, Beibei; Li, Xiaojuan; Li, Jiwei; Wang, Xu; Gao, Mingliang; Si, Yuan; Guo, Lin; Shi, Min; Duan, Guangyao
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 48-61
- artificial intelligence; confined aquifer; data collection; decision support systems; groundwater; models; static load; subsidence; synthetic aperture radar; water table; China
- ... Land subsidence is the ground surface response to underground space development, utilization and evolution. Presently, land subsidence has developed into a global, comprehensive and interdisciplinary complex systems problem. More than half a century has passed since the discovery of subsidence in the Beijing Plain in the 1960s. In this study, we investigate the land subsidence in the Beijing Plain ...