Jump to Main Content
- Ferreira, M.C.S.; Furieri, B.; A., Ould El Moctar; Harion, J.-L.; Valance, A.; Dupont, P.; Reis, N.C.; Santos, J.M.
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 1-13
- air; dust emissions; models; particle size distribution; pavements; protective effect; sand; wind; wind erosion; wind tunnels
- ... Dust emissions due to aeolian erosion of exposed granular materials are strongly influenced by grain size distribution. Non-erodible particles that are too heavy to be lifted into the air play a protective role in the aeolian erosion process attenuating emission, which is known as the pavement phenomenon. To date, there is no approach that reliably predicts the reduction in emissions caused by the ...
- Zhou, Chaofan; Gong, Huili; Chen, Beibei; Li, Xiaojuan; Li, Jiwei; Wang, Xu; Gao, Mingliang; Si, Yuan; Guo, Lin; Shi, Min; Duan, Guangyao
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 48-61
- artificial intelligence; confined aquifer; data collection; decision support systems; groundwater; models; static load; subsidence; synthetic aperture radar; water table; China
- ... Land subsidence is the ground surface response to underground space development, utilization and evolution. Presently, land subsidence has developed into a global, comprehensive and interdisciplinary complex systems problem. More than half a century has passed since the discovery of subsidence in the Beijing Plain in the 1960s. In this study, we investigate the land subsidence in the Beijing Plain ...