Jump to Main Content
- Carlà, Tommaso; Tofani, Veronica; Lombardi, Luca; Raspini, Federico; Bianchini, Silvia; Bertolo, Davide; Thuegaz, Patrick; Casagli, Nicola
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 62-75
- deformation; landscapes; landslides; monitoring; mountains; remote sensing; rockfalls; satellites; snowpack; uncertainty; Italy
- ... The investigation of large landslides in high alpine environments is often hindered by the difficult accessibility of the mountainous terrain. Efforts are typically concentrated on the remote measurement of the surface displacements, in order to define the general slope dynamics and identify phases of increasing activity. The characterization of such phenomena is challenging, due to their complex ...
- Letortu, Pauline; Costa, Stéphane; Maquaire, Olivier; Davidson, Robert
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 76-91
- chalk; cliffs; monitoring; scanners; surveys; France
- ... Between October 2010 and November 2017, surveys using terrestrial laser scanning (TLS) were carried out every 4–5 months to monitor erosion on three chalk cliff faces with close structural characteristics in Normandy (the two Dieppe sites are abandoned cliffs while the Varengeville-sur-Mer site is an active one). The uniqueness of this paper is the comparison between these cliff sections and the s ...