Jump to Main Content
- Ferreira, M.C.S.; Furieri, B.; A., Ould El Moctar; Harion, J.-L.; Valance, A.; Dupont, P.; Reis, N.C.; Santos, J.M.
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 1-13
- air; dust emissions; models; particle size distribution; pavements; protective effect; sand; wind; wind erosion; wind tunnels
- ... Dust emissions due to aeolian erosion of exposed granular materials are strongly influenced by grain size distribution. Non-erodible particles that are too heavy to be lifted into the air play a protective role in the aeolian erosion process attenuating emission, which is known as the pavement phenomenon. To date, there is no approach that reliably predicts the reduction in emissions caused by the ...
- Wang, Peng; Zhang, Jie; Huang, Ning
- Geomorphology 2019 v.335 pp. 28-36
- eolian sands; sand; theoretical models; wavelengths; wind tunnels
- ... A continuum model is constructed to investigate the effects of sediment heterogeneity on the formation of aeolian sand ripples and the grain size sorting over the bed forms. The evolutions of small perturbations of both bed elevation and bed composition are studied analytically by a linear stability approach. In this model the transport of polydisperse sediment is considered as the integrated proc ...