Jump to Main Content
- Panno, Samuel V.; Luman, Donald E.
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 1-17
- basins; bedrock; groundwater; highlands; karsts; land use; lidar; models; runoff; sediments; streams; Illinois
- ... In karst regions of the world, identifying areas that are inherently unsafe for certain types of land use is crucial. High-resolution lidar elevation data for the Illinois sinkhole plain have exposed previously unnoticed geomorphologic details. Analysis of these data has revealed a pattern of long-term evolution of cover-collapse sinkholes within the groundwater basins. The leading edge of a groun ...
- Stange, Kurt Martin; Midtkandal, Ivar; Nystuen, Johan P.; Kuss, Hans-Joachim; Spiegel, Cornelia
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 187-202
- basins; bedrock; climate change; cold zones; landscapes; mountains; plateaus; ravines; sediment traps; sediments; soil erosion models; talus; terraces; topography; watershed hydrology; watersheds; Spain
- ... Topographic depressions in mountain regions function as sediment traps and their morpho-sedimentary archives provide important insight into erosion and sediment dynamics in mountain ranges. In order to establish the (direct) drivers and timing of erosion phases in the southern central Pyrenees, small non-glaciated headwater catchments in the highly erodible Valle de la Fueva drainage basin were in ...