Jump to Main Content
- Conway, Susan J.; Butcher, Frances E.G.; de Haas, Tjalling; Deijns, Axel A.J.; Grindrod, Peter M.; Davis, Joel M.
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 26-57
- bedrock; climate; dust; floors; glacial till; glaciation; glaciers; gully erosion; ice; landscapes; latitude; liquids; melting; ravines; snowmelt
- ... The mid- to high latitudes of Mars host assemblages of landforms consistent with a receding glacial landscape on Earth. These landforms are postulated to have formed >5 Ma under a different climate regime when Mars' orbital obliquity was on average 10° higher than today. Here, we investigate the spatiotemporal relationship between gullies and glacial landforms, both common in the mid-latitudes. Gu ...
- Slabon, Patricia; Dorschel, Boris; Jokat, Wilfried; Freire, Francis
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 88-100
- Neoproterozoic era; Paleoproterozoic era; bedrock; coasts; glaciers; ice; snowmelt; streams; Greenland
- ... High-resolution bathymetric data from close to the northwest Greenland coast in northern Melville Bay, northeast Baffin Bay, reveal a range of glacial and nonglacial landforms. The glacial landforms include crag-and-tails, mega-scale glacial lineations (MSGL), rock drumlins, and roche moutonnées that indicate paleo-ice sheet dynamics. The nonglacial landforms include steep ridges that are interpre ...