Jump to Main Content
- Pearson, E.; Smith, M.W.; Klaar, M.J.; Brown, L.E.
- Geomorphology 2017 v.293 pp. 143-155
- ecological restoration, etc ; data collection; decision support systems; digital elevation models; gravel; habitats; monitoring; prediction; rapid methods; rivers; roughness; stream channels; surface roughness; surveys; topography; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... High resolution topographic surveys such as those provided by Structure-from-Motion (SfM) contain a wealth of information that is not always exploited in the generation of Digital Elevation Models (DEMs). In particular, several authors have related sub-metre scale topographic variability (or ‘surface roughness’) to sediment grain size by deriving empirical relationships between the two. In fluvial ...
- Groll, M.
- Geomorphology 2017 v.293 pp. 69-83
- ecological restoration, etc ; case studies; cost effectiveness; data collection; dead wood; macrophytes; microhabitats; mountains; physicochemical properties; rivers; sediments; spatial variation; stream channels; surface water; Germany; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Intensive use of European rivers during the last hundreds of years has led to profound changes in the physicochemical properties, river morphology, and aquatic faunistic communities. Rectifying these changes and improving the ecological state of all surface water bodies is the central aim of the European Water Frame Directive (WFD), and river restoration measures are the main tool to achieve this ...