Jump to Main Content
- Carrivick, Jonathan L.; Heckmann, Tobias
- Geomorphology 2017
- Polar Regions, etc ; climate change; data collection; detection limit; glaciers; landscapes; models; permafrost; processing technology; rain; sediments; surveys; topography; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Proglacial systems are amongst the most rapidly changing landscapes on Earth, as glacier mass loss, permafrost degradation and more episodes of intense rainfall progress with climate change. This review addresses the urgent need to quantitatively define proglacial systems not only in terms of spatial extent but also in terms of functional processes. It firstly provides a critical appraisal of prev ...
- Bernhardt, H.; Reiss, D.; Hiesinger, H.; Hauber, E.; Johnsson, A.
- Geomorphology 2017 v.296 pp. 132-141
- Polar Regions, etc ; aerial photography; case studies; climate; evolution; glaciation; image analysis; landforms; mass movement; melting; meteorological data; permafrost; prediction; rain; remote sensing; satellites; snowmelt; summer; Norway; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Fan-shaped accumulations of debris flow deposits are common landforms in polar regions such as Svalbard. Although depositional processes in these environments are of high interest to climate as well as Mars-analog research, several parameters, e.g., debris flow recurrence periods, remain poorly constrained. Here, we present an investigation based on remote sensing as well as in situ data of a ~0.4 ...