Jump to Main Content
- Hood, W. Gregory
- Geomorphology 2015 v.230 pp. 98-108
- aerial photography; allometry; case studies; geographical variation; geometry; habitats; hydrodynamics; models; prediction; regression analysis; river deltas; salt marshes; sea level; sediments; storms; Puget Sound
- ... Tidal channels are central elements of salt marsh hydrodynamics, sediment dynamics, and habitat. To develop allometric models predicting the number and size of tidal channels that could develop following salt marsh restoration, channels were digitized from aerial photographs of Puget Sound river delta marshes. Salt marsh area was the independent variable for all dependent channel planform metrics. ...
- Castedo, Ricardo; de la Vega-Panizo, Rogelio; Fernández-Hernández, Marta; Paredes, Carlos
- Geomorphology 2015 v.230 pp. 146-160
- aerial photography; climate change; coastal zone management; coasts; equations; erosion control; geographic information systems; geometry; managers; mathematical models; prediction; sea level; shorelines; United Kingdom
- ... A key requirement for effective coastal zone management is good knowledge of historical rates of change and the ability to predict future shoreline evolution, especially for rapidly eroding areas. Historical shoreline recession analysis was used for the prediction of future cliff shoreline positions along a section of 9km between Bridlington and Hornsea, on the northern area of the Holderness Coas ...