Jump to Main Content
- DeLong, Stephen B.; Youberg, Ann M.; DeLong, Whitney M.; Murphy, Brendan P.
- Geomorphology 2017
- Arizona, etc ; arid lands; cameras; freeze-thaw cycles; land management; landscapes; lidar; mass movement; models; mountains; overland flow; population growth; rain; rain gauges; ravines; scanners; sediment yield; sediments; soil; surveys; water; watersheds; wildfires; wildland; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Flooding and erosion after wildfires present increasing hazard as climate warms, semi-arid lands become drier, population increases, and the urban interface encroaches farther into wildlands. We quantify post-wildfire erosion in a steep, initially unchannelized, 7.5ha headwater catchment following the 2011 Horseshoe 2 Fire in the Chiricahua Mountains of southeastern Arizona. Using time-lapse camer ...
- Nichols, M.H.; Nearing, M.; Hernandez, M.; Polyakov, V.O.
- Geomorphology 2016 v.265 pp. 107-116
- Arizona, etc ; aerial photography; aerial surveys; concrete; data collection; drainage; floods; lidar; mass movement; monitoring; ravines; scanners; sediments; semiarid zones; summer; water; water erosion; watersheds; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Gullies that terminate at a vertical-wall are ubiquitous throughout arid and semiarid regions. Multi-year assessments of gully evolution and headcut advance are typically accomplished using traditional ground surveys and aerial photographs, with much recent research focused on integrating data collected at very high spatial resolutions using new techniques such as aerial surveys with blimps or kit ...