Jump to Main Content
- DeLong, Stephen B.; Youberg, Ann M.; DeLong, Whitney M.; Murphy, Brendan P.
- Geomorphology 2017
- Arizona, etc ; arid lands; cameras; freeze-thaw cycles; land management; landscapes; lidar; mass movement; models; mountains; overland flow; population growth; rain; rain gauges; ravines; scanners; sediment yield; sediments; soil; surveys; water; watersheds; wildfires; wildland; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Flooding and erosion after wildfires present increasing hazard as climate warms, semi-arid lands become drier, population increases, and the urban interface encroaches farther into wildlands. We quantify post-wildfire erosion in a steep, initially unchannelized, 7.5ha headwater catchment following the 2011 Horseshoe 2 Fire in the Chiricahua Mountains of southeastern Arizona. Using time-lapse camer ...
- Nichols, M.H.; Nearing, M.A.; Polyakov, V.O.; Stone, J.J.
- Geomorphology 2013 v.180-181 pp. 137-145
- Arizona, etc ; Agricultural Research Service; rain; rangelands; runoff; sediment yield; sediments; shrubs; watersheds; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... A sediment budget was developed for a 43.7ha and a nested 3.7ha semiarid, shrub dominated watershed based on hydrologic, geomorphic, erosion, and sediment data collected from 1963 through 2006 on the USDA-ARS Walnut Gulch Experimental Watershed in the southwestern US. Sediment budgets based on such extensive and intensive field campaigns over several decades are rare. The sediment budget was balan ...