Jump to Main Content
- Gómez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Geomorphology 2016 v.268 pp. 197-206
- basins; coasts; digital elevation models; earthquakes; geophysics; hazard characterization; inventories; lakes; landslides; surveys; tsunamis; watersheds; Argentina; Chile
- ... The May 22nd, 1960 Valdivia earthquake, Chile (Mw 9.5) triggered a series of subaqueous mass-wasting processes (debris flows and slides) in Lago Nahuel Huapi (Argentina), generating a tsunami-like wave that hit the coasts of San Carlos de Bariloche. Aiming to provide a first preliminary insight into tsunami hazards for the lakeshore communities, in this paper we identify and characterize the subaq ...
- Gómez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Geomorphology 2011 v.135 no.1-2 pp. 203-211
- coasts; dunes; surveys; tides; velocity; Argentina
- ... A tidal inlet on the Argentinean coast is studied. An integrated approach of combining detailed bathymetry survey, seabed sampling and tidal current measurements was used to characterize the tidal inlet morphodynamics. A Phase Measuring Bathymetric System (PMBS) “GeoSwath Plus” from GeoAcoustics Ltd. with centimetric precision and a mean swath coverage of 160m, was used to recognize bedform morpho ...