Jump to Main Content
- Herbst, Andreas; Osteroth, Hans-Jürgen
- Gesunde Pflanzen 2019 v.71 no.Supplement 1 pp. 17-24
- canopy; liquids; plant protection; sprayers
- ... Automatic boom height control systems for sprayers have become more common in recent years. These systems shall maintain a set boom height above the target area (canopy or ground) as an important factor for an accurate distribution of the spray liquid and sufficient drift control. At the Institute for Application Techniques in Plant Protection in cooperation with CheckTec a novel procedure was dev ...
- Kemmerling, Matthias; Overbeck, Verena; Wegener, Jens Karl; Pelzer, Tanja
- Gesunde Pflanzen 2019 v.71 no.Supplement 1 pp. 57-64
- application parameters; canopy; fruit growing; leaves; orchards; plant protection; scanners; sprayers
- ... Sensor-based sprayers allow the application of plant protection products in orchards to be better adapted to the crop. This means that plant protection products can be saved and drift can be reduced. Up to now, multiple infrared sensors often are used to detect the leaf wall with the required resolution. Searching for alternative sensor systems, it was investigated whether 2D laser scanners are al ...