Jump to Main Content
- Vasiliev, Iuliana; Reichart, Gert-Jan; Krijgsman, Wout; Mulch, Andreas
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.172 pp. 428-439
- hinterland, etc ; Miocene epoch; Pliocene epoch; air temperature; alkaline soils; basins; biomarkers; climatic factors; cold; cooling; hydrogen; rivers; sea level; soil pH; Black Sea; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The Neogene sedimentary successions of the Black Sea basin are ideal to study ancient paleoclimatic and hydrological changes in the Eurasian continental interior. Previous investigations revealed several phases of strongly enhanced evaporitic and dry conditions in the late Miocene. Here, we present the first reconstructed mean annual air temperature (MAAT) and soil pH data, combined with compound ...
- Wei, Ting; Dong, Zhiwen; Kang, Shichang; Rostami, Masoud; Ulbrich, Sven; Shao, Yaping
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.177 pp. 69-80
- hinterland, etc ; atmospheric circulation; basins; climate; deserts; dust; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; geographical distribution; glaciers; isotopes; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; mountains; provenance; snowpack; soil crusts; spring; streams; strontium; summer; transmission electron microscopes; transmission electron microscopy; China; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the isotopic compositions of Hf, Nd, and Sr in aeolian dust deposited in several glacier basins of the northeast Tibetan Plateau in order to trace the source and provenance of long-range transported (LRT) dust in the region. Transmission electron microscope (TEM) and energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDX) measurements and dust size distributions both indicated that LRT ...